Horne’s restaurant chain was primarily located in the Southeast and Southern United States. At the chains peak there were over 60 locations. Beginning in the late 40’s Horne’s started by featuring sit down full service dining as well as lodging, gift shop, ice cream bar and fuel. Many of the over 60 locations were on major highways hence open 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Bob Horne founded the first store on October 4, 1948. The original concept was to sell candies, nuts and souvenirs to travelers. By 1956 Horne’s chain had expanded to 17 locations in 8 states. That same year Mr. Horne began painting roofs yellow. By 1963 the chain had grown to 44 units. By 1965 there were 60 Horne’s locations. The last company owned store closed in 1982. Horne’s in Port Royal is the last of the line and still features many of the original designs. We maintain the same core values of great quality and excellent customer service. We highly regard our local customers, our repeat travelers and our single trip customers. With warm welcome come on in have a great meal, browse the gift shop, fuel up and safe travels!